28 July 2010

28 JUL 2010, Wednesday

  • Currently neutral but being repelled by the 90dMA.  (Between 50 & 90dMA's = neutral...Trader's Choice, above both = positive, below both = negative). 
  • I'd be interested in seeing some flat topping action over the next week or two and perhaps consider shorting.  The longer term folks would then have some swing points to use as stop areas.
  • As for me, since the flash crash, my hold periods have been very short due to volatility pick-up.  That's worked for me some and against me some.  Volatility is an evil mistress...two-edged sword.
  • It, honestly, has been a tough environment since the end of April.  It's as if a herding instinct has taken over (beware running with the lemmings)...as soon as someone swings bearish, everyone follows and as soon as someone swings bullish, everyone follows.
  • I don't feel comfortable in these broad big swings...leads me to hunker down toward shorter term trading because it can turn and bite you in the butt so fast and hard.
  • Gosh!  I miss the straight-forward simplicity of flying as a Search & Rescue pilot in hurricanes trying to find folks.  Believe me!  That was much simpler than the environment that we've been dealing with...honest!
  • For the unconventional...entertainment ... http://www.thingsiwoulddotobangscarlettjohansson.com/
  • And there's always Financial Reform hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment