19 March 2009

Launching Blog!

Curiosity has finally killed this cat. I'm making an initial attempt into blogging. So let's get started! (Right click the following link and open it in a new window so you can read on while it plays in the background http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW4DPIBO5OU ). Why the stupid name? Mostly, because this will be markets associated...a little else sometimes but this is for me and reminds me that they go up, sideways, down...REPEAT. It's been down and now making a valiant effort at sideways for a possible upturn but it's really confused right now. Besides, the name could have been Up and Down...but there are other sites for that sort of stuff...LOL.

It should allow me to accomplish a few things via one centralized location:

  1. Maintain a listing of links to useful charting, historical data references, economic and trader resources,
  2. Maintain links for current daily & weekly SP500 charts (so you folks can stop saying "I can't find the SP500, where's the Dow***?"), and
  3. Last but not least, allow me a way to provide running commentary, pictures, charts and/or links when I see something that might interest you...or not. And, it'll create archives for me to search old information, as necessary, to review my previous thoughts.

This should aid in reducing the lengthy pester emails. Instead, I'll just send you an email notifying you of a blog update, with the link, if I want to draw your attention to something. Then, you can choose what you want to do with it...delete it and forget it or just go to the blog then or later. For those times where I wouldn't have sent out an email but I found something that interested me, I may just make a post with that stuff...so check in once in awhile on your own if you like. Won't necessarily be a daily thing...but it may be. The posts will be there and roll over into the Archives every month it looks like.

Will be interesting to see how this works...or not! Let me know of any improvement / addition suggestions you may have via the comments or drop an email. Either way be sure to check back on occassion...I've got most of the links to sites up there but I may be adding some stuff over time.

***I really don't care about the Dow Jones Industrials as much since it is only 30 stocks and can be manipulated easier by "Da Boyz" than 500 stocks of the largest companies in America. When I talk about the stock market, I'm typically referring to the SP500 or the NASDAQ100.

NOW...to today's chart (Right click the following link to open it in a new window) http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$SPX&p=D&yr=1&mn=0&dy=0&id=p83448069221

Look at the bottom indicator panels...

  1. Look how flipping high NYMO is. Coming down from 100's...look left and you'll see how short term overbought that is...pretty thin air.
  2. NYA50R indicates that there is still some possible move up toward the 80's after some retracement...if we're still going up.
  3. NYSI shows possible upside too.
  4. Having said all that...we've risen 20% off of the lows in less than 10 trading days...and that rarely happens in market history ( http://quantifiableedges.blogspot.com/2009/03/20-rally-in-under-2-weeks.html ). Not sustainable without some retracement...or is that it?
  5. Additionally, with the Fed's crack pusher move into the Bond Market yesterday...I'd say these are definitely uncharted waters. When will the Government just shut the hell up and back away from the markets so they can get their footing. All this ham-handed meddling is just prolonging these troubled times.

When you're in a lifeboat surrounded by sharks, it wouldn't necessarily be smart to jump in the water just to get a closer look and maybe see what type of sharks they are. Waiting for the sharks to go elsewhere...I'm not going to be lunch right now!

Investor in me is on the sidelines...I was hoping for low 600's - high 500's in the SP500 which would have made going in somewhat easier but Mrs. Market didn't want to go all the way and instead reversed upward from 666 (spooky).

That's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment